Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A Week of Firsts

No matter how old I get the start of a new semester always fills me with butterflies. This was even more so this semester because Saci is an art school, an area that I have had little contact with since the days of paper-mache in middle school. However, inspiration can be found in every corner. This antico palazzo was actually the home to Mona Lisa and was created as a shrine to Galileo; a man who once said “doubt is the father of invention”. Surrounded by such legends as these my first week flew by as I began to learn about basic photography, video, Italian cinema and graphic design. Not only is the school full of impressive history, but the teachers as well have led fascinating lives. From successful fashion photographers to consultants on films such as the Godfather, these professors have done it all and I was filled with a new enthusiasm for the arts after hearing their stories. While I am slightly intimidated by both the student and staffs ample resumes I am excited by the prospect of a challenging semester in areas that could lead me in new directions that I had never before considered.

No comments:

Post a Comment