Friday, September 4, 2009

Part 1: Goodbye Boston Ciao Firenze

These entries are going to be a little delayed due to move in and other factors, but here we go;

The Flight

From Boston to Europe was pretty much what I expected. It was a very long and a very uncomfortable flight. Airline seats were not designed for real people. However, I made it and the real flying fun didn’t start till I took my flight from Prague to Florence. See no one ever told me about domestic flights in Europe. For instance everyone neglected to mention the different rules, such as they allow a much smaller weight for bag size. Even worse most European airlines only let you have one checked item, so this presented a problem since I had to gigantic suitcases with me. So there was little choice but to pay the fee for the extra bag. U.S airlines could learn a thing or two about ripping off customers from these guys. I mean we only have a set fee for every additional bag, but if they modeled themselves after the Europeans they could make a killing charging 10 dollars per every additional pound, which is basically what happened, and my suitcase was very heavy. Then even more annoying on the flight there is no free peanut snack or a glass of water, every thing being offered cost about 3 euro, which is really not cool of them. But, now the next time I fly, which will hopefully be soon since there are so many places I want to visit, I will definitely be prepared.

Part two of my arrival will be coming soon so godersi la bella vita!

No comments:

Post a Comment