Friday, December 11, 2009

My Last Day

It’s my last week in Florence; it doesn’t seem real. I feel like just yesterday I stepped off the plane with an abundance of enthusiasm ready to take on the world; or at least Italy. Now, I’m stepping back on a plane but this time I’m filled with memories, excitement for home and a new found sense of self. As much as I was looking forward to this day now I’m feeling a slight sadness, goodbyes are so hard. The beginning of the term was rough and seemed endless. Several setbacks and let downs marked this time. But midterm break was a changing point. Everything began to click and time just seemed to fly. As I’m sitting here writing this in my apartment I look around my now mostly empty room; my bags are packed and at attention and the bare room seems depressing. I just keep thinking it can’t be over, I can’t be going home, I couldn’t have just finished college. But good or bad it’s reality. Tomorrow night it’ll be all over, so I’m going to go out and take my last sips of Florence. A stroll down the river, a last gelato and a gift from the market and it will all be complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment