Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Clearly Not Cleared

The future always is so far away until it smacks you in the face. I’m graduating in December, one month away. This fact became all to real yesterday when I filled out my graduation form for Northeastern. Excited at first I began answering the normal questions with vigor, but as the process progressed I began to slow down as the realization of what was happening hit me. Graduation. It always seemed so far away, like an intangible activity that wouldn’t ever really occur. While I am excited by the prospect of finally entering the real world I am also terrified. I’ve been a student for my entire life and I’m not sure how to stop. This semester has been even harder since I haven’t been home. I’ve missed being around people who are in the same situation as me, applying hopelessly for jobs, and also missed the senior activities that are a rite of passage. However, this semester has also helped me to grow. I’ve learned a lot about myself and have learned to stand on my own two feet. Not one to let things pass me by I’ve found other seniors and we are reminiscing and commiserating together and planning our own fun. So with new hopes in my head I finally submitted my cap and gown order and have come to terms with the inevitable, we all have to graduate one day and I can’t wait to see what’s in store for me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment